prep & maintenance
Proper home care is as important to your results as the service itself, especially after Brazilian sugaring. We will design a regimen customized to your individual skin needs with products we carry at our Savannah location. Check out our blogs for product recommendations and detailed instructions.
Rules to Follow
Before your sugaring appointment:
- Allow the hair to grow to 1/4 inch long. For most people, this means hiding the razor for about a week and a half to two weeks.
- DO NOT USE NUMBING CREAM. Most of the products aren't very effective, and the cream or lotion is removed before the service in the cleansing process anyway.
- Plan to bring a clean set of underwear with you for after your bikini service.
- Plan to bring a clean white tee with you for after your back or chest service.
For 24 hours:
- No sex, tanning, exercising, or tight clothing.
After 48 hours:
- Exfoliate and moisturize the sugared area. Plan to exfoliate and moisturize the area 2 - 3 times per week. This helps to prevent ingrown hairs, and we can ALWAYS tell our clients who do and who don't exfoliate.
- Plan to return for your follow-up appointment as soon as the hair is 1/4 inch long. For most people, this is between 4 and 6 weeks after the initial appointment. This will allow us to remove the hair during its growing stage, ensuring you get the smoothest skin for the longest time possible.